“Oh, you’re a girl! Then you must love Pink!” – Tormented by this one question all the time?
Growing up, at the sight of Pink I ran in the other direction.
It’s a great color I thought, it’s just not for me… I couldn’t say why!
In the past few years however, there were some shades of pink that I found myself being attracted to!
Now did this mean I was turning into a cliche?
Not really, colors are meant to express yourself so if you’re feeling Pink, then wear it!
I devised a great plan to flaunt pink without the added fluff and sweetness that is generally attached to this color. No frills attached (pun intended)!
Here’s how you can do it + Extra brownies for those of you who are looking for gifts for your favorite girls this holiday season!
Step 1: Find your perfect pink
Lighter shades of pink are my favorite kind, like the Pastel Pink coat that I’m wearing… What’s yours? Is it shocking pink or a lighter champagne color? Decide which one is for you and run with it. Here are a few top picks to help you decide.
- Pastel pink is a soft color that is reminiscent of the fairytales and wonderlands. It’s got a super feminine vibe. If you think this is your color, here’s a mid-range option from Mango. I have another option from Harris and Wharf that is similar to mine.
- Dusky pink is one with a darker undertone. So if you do not like pastels and detest bold colors, dusky pink is there to meet you halfway. This one from Mango or this Maxi coat from Revolve are perfect options for you.
- For those who are bold Shocking pink is the go-to hue. You will love this tweed coat. This one is sure to make you go whoa!
Step 2: Enter Graphic Tee
Since Christian Siriano’s Fall 2017 Runway ‘People are People’ tee created stir, the graphic tee trend is far from dying out.
While giving pink a try I picked a pastel pink graphic tee to go along with it.
- A Grey t-shirt will go perfectly well with a pink coat too. Lately with the all-inclusive dolls that Barbie has been launching I am a fan, so I wouldn’t mind wearing this t-shirt from MissGuided. Here’s a quirky one for those of you who are always ready to Slay.
- White is another option that you might want to consider. The quote on this one sums up all our feelings, check it out here. For those of you in need of motivation, this one’s a great option.
The scarf that I’m sporting here is from Anthropologie! I think it is a great gift during this season because honestly we could all use a little bit of color and some warmth don’t you think!
Here are some great options for you to choose from:
Step 3: Bring on the jeans
Jeans are a go-to bottom wear that I am sure you will agree with too. It is the epitome of everything casual and also the most versatile piece in the history of fashion! I picked high-waisted jeans and tucked my t-shirt in to give a definition to my waistline.
Step 4: Sneakers that slay
There has got to be a special mention for RiRi’s brilliant collaboration with Puma titled Fenty X Puma that resulted in a woman’s ultimate fantasy – Platform Sneakers.
Now I don’t think there would be any girl who wouldn’t want to own there. But if you want some more options to choose the perfect sneaks for your girlfriends, here you go:
Step 5: Cutesy Clutch
On a mini haul at Anthropologie I picked up this empress box clutch that has a great design and is inspired by the ocean. These quirky pieces are so in trend right now, making it a super awesome gift!
While we’re on the subject of gifts I would like to introduce you to this extremely cute gift box recently launched by Huda Beauty.
You will not believe what a great gift item this can make.
The casual vibe that this outfit has just got me thinking about the best way I could style a pink coat and the result is what you see. Although this runway look is an inspiration for Spring 2018, I couldn’t wait that long to try it out, so you see a fall inspired look instead.
Coming back to choosing pink, if you’re a girl who loves pink good for you, if you’re a girl who doesn’t, that’s okay too!
What’s important is wearing what you want and not what convention dictates… always remember that darling!